Thursday 9 August 2007

Home

I've been back in Australia for nearly two weeks now, spending some quiet time with family and friends, shopping and just wandering around the neighborhood. Japan never seems all that different until I leave, and suddenly everything is so big and spacious. There are people from so many different cultures walking around and they're pretty much all speaking a language I can understand, with a lot more front than the typical Japanese. It's not an unpleasant short of culture shock, coming back home, but it does take some getting used to.

After two weeks without Japanese food I'm hankering for a good nabe on one of these rainy nights, but it might have to wait as I get my mum to run through her repertoire of childhood favorites. What could be better on a winter evening than apple and rhubarb crumble hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream? Not much.

IMG_1952.JPG


Now that I've got my computer and internet set up properly this coming week should clear the backlog of posts from my last few weeks in Japan and bring the first installment of my adventures with Australian Japanese food. Will it be delicious and authentic? Or will I like it as much as I liked pasta with mentaiko? Only time will tell....

9 comments:

K and S said...

looking forward to your posts :)

ilingc said...

Cass, welcome back to Melbourne. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You have great blog. Would you mind to have a link exchange with me?

Please email me if you are interested.

my email : kamarul[at]hoteltravel[dot]com

I'd like to exchange your link with our company website.

Thanks.

Note: You can delete this comment.

Chef Jeena said...

Hi there you have a great blog,lovely recipes. Feel free to visit my blog too :)

Jeena xx

Click Here For Food Recipes

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! Looking forward to seeing the next couple posts.

I've actually been on a nabe kick lately (and blogging about a few as well).

Rene said...

Hi Cass,
Stumbled upon your blog and I wanted to let you know that you have a great blog. I am trying to learn Japanese cos I want cook Jap food. Hope to see more of your Japanese cooking!

Anonymous said...

Australian-Japanese food, now that sounds very interesting! looking forward to hearing more about it.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. :) Added you to my list of Favourite links. :D
Keep it up. ;)

Anonymous said...

Look forward to learning about this Australian-Japanese cooking! Sounds fascinating.